Our Commitment to you
We realise that for many of you there are some concerns when it comes to staying with us but rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can 'Escape with Confidence' and with this in mind we invite you to read our preparations and procedures that we have implemented.
As part of the UK Government’s plan for living with Covid-19, we’re constantly reviewing our policies to ensure we open and operate in line with these. With this in mind, please ensure you check the guidance or regulations applicable to you before travelling to us.
If the information below, does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 01434 689857 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Kevin and Leah
We have always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic we have enhanced our exacting standards to a new level across all aspects of our operations.
The change we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the HM Government’s ‘Covid-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of Covid-19 within hotels and guest accommodation. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a Public Health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all our stakeholders - our guests, our staff and our business partners. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of Covid-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
General Practices & Protocols
- All staff will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes.
- All staff will be required to stay at home if unwell.
- All staff will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating.
- All staff will be required to wear PPE as appropriate and in accordance with HM Government Guidelines.
- Staff will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
Our Valued Guests - Bed and Breakfast
- Please respect any social distancing measures in place.
- We have cleaned the public areas, your bedroom and ensuite bath / shower room with extra care and additional sanitisation will be in place of high touch points in the room and ensuite, such as, light switches, door knobs and TV remotes.
- We have placed individual toiletries in bath / shower rooms, please feel free to take any away that are partly used as they will be disposed of when you depart.
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom.
- Credit card details will be required prior to arrival to ensure contactless payment options are available at check out.
- Following our risk assessment, some of our services and facilities may be unfortunately limited or not available.
Our Bed and Breakfast
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained.
- Maintain social distancing in all common areas. Guests requested to give priority to those ascending stairs.
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in sanitisation of high touch areas.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at every doorway and throughout the public areas.
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, via use of the “Please Clean Me” door hanger. Guests to vacate room and open window(s) prior to housekeeping staff entering.
- If your room is not being serviced, we would be grateful if you could leave sealed / tied bags of rubbish outside room daily for collection.
- If you require any amenities for replenishment, such as bottled water and toiletries, these will to be left outside your room on request for your collection.
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice.
- Our check in and out procedure will have limited contact with staff. Your room key will have been sanitised and left in your room for you.
- Games, books, maps etc. are still available in the guest areas. Please feel free to use but leave out to one side so we can sanitise them prior to returning to the bookcases.
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members.
Food & Beverage - Bed and Breakfast
- We are also operating a “timed breakfast” policy to encourage social distancing and minimise potential multiple movements in the dining areas. Therefore, we are asking guests to choose an available time slot via a booking-in sheet in the Farmhouse hallway.
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table / chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- We have suspended all buffets. Breakfast will be available from a pre-order menu. A ‘breakfast in a bag’ option is available for bedroom / outdoor consumption.
- The dining room will be set for breakfast in the morning. Please can you not touch or take any cutlery off the tables. If you would like any cutlery / plates, please message us via the chat facility on your app or come and find a member of staff.
Our Valued Guests - Self Catering
- We have cleaned the property with extra care and additional sanitisation will be in place of high touch points in the room and ensuite, such as, light switches, door knobs and TV remotes.
- Please wash your hands when leaving and returning to the property.
Our Commitment to You
Our staff have and will receive ongoing training
Our staff have “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
All staff are required to:
- Stay home when unwell.
- Stay home if anyone in their household or support bubble is displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing.
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate and in accordance with HM Government Guidelines.
- Follow our Covid-19 secure operating procedures.
Finally, we ask that as a guest at Carraw Farm you commit to:
- If in the unfortunate case, you have any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
- It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our staff, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with Covid-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. If you are unable to return home, you will be required to pay any additional costs that are incurred.
- To wash your hands when returning to your bedroom and using the hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the property.
We ask that everyone respects the wishes of other guests, such as, social distancing, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our staff and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We cannot wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.
Updated February 2022